Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sunday Night Karaoke at the Barbary. Why Not?

Not going to any shows Sunday night? Why not? Hate bands? Too cool for the scene? Well then, you are joyless and arrogant. Hey, I call em like I see em. But I’ll give you an alternative anyway, ya narcissistic hate filled son of a bitch because, damn it, I like your style. Ready for it? Karaoke! Underwhelmed? I get that a lot. But you’re not going to a show and you’re not allowed back in the bowling alley, so what else are you gonna do? That’s right, head to The Barbary for Sunday night karaoke.

It’s like going to a show except instead of paying for the opportunity to see people who are good at music, you don’t pay and are forced to see people who are bad at music. You can even be bad at music yourself if you want. At karaoke, YOU’RE in charge. It’s like pouring liquor on a choose your own adventure book and then screaming the lyrics to Ice Ice Baby at it (I don’t really understand what analogies are or how to use them)….Come to The Barbary and sing at me while I drink!

Also, there might be cake. No promises.

No comments: